Alex Rodriguez had the old record. ... Ellsbury had successfully stolen 18 bases in a row in the regular season and playoffs before being thrown out in the fifth. 10/19/13: Shane Victorino crushes a grand slam to left field, giving the Red Sox a dramatic 5-2 seventh-inning lead News. Scherzer walked the first two batters in the third, but Victorino popped up a bunt and Scherzer made a sliding catch for the first out. Once I did that, Victor was right next to me. I was looking at preventing that run. It was just a great swing. The Cardinals won the NL pennant on Friday night by eliminating the Los Angeles Dodgers in six games. After Nick Castellanos yells in Jake Woodford's face at home plate, Yadier Molina shoves Castellanos, prompting both benches to clear. 10/2/08: Shane Victorino gives the Phillies the lead with a grand slam to left field in the bottom of the second inning Shane Victorino is the first player in major-league history to hit a game-winning grand slam in the seventh inning or later to clinch a postseason series. "I don't care that he was 2-for-23, or 0-for-whatever. ", "Just listen to the crowd," Victorino said, referring then to the Boston Marathon bombings that left the city reeling during the first month of his first season in town. I didn't want that run to score. That error proved monumental, thanks to Victorino.Veras came on and started Victorino with two strikes. The pandemonium that ensued in the stands after Shane's blast was surreal. I wanted to prove something. BOSTON -- At some point during this surreal odyssey that wound up with the Red Sox getting to the World Series, their heroics went from the surprising to the expected.As in, even when doubts began to creep in elsewhere, the belief from field level never wavered.So if Shane Victorino, who had spent the entire American League Championship Series in a slump, didn't seem to be the ideal man to be at the plate in a pivotal situation in Game 6, the Red Sox were thrilled to have him there.And just like that, the slump ended with one magical swing -- a grand slam over the Green Monster with one out in the bottom of the seventh inning -- that led Boston to a 5-2 victory over the Tigers, not to mention an AL pennant.In the end, it was the swing that swung the series.When Victorino strode to the plate against Jose Veras, the Sox were actually down a run and eight outs away from the possibility of having to face Justin Verlander in Game 7. ... Victorino was hit by a pitch to lead off the sixth, his sixth of the playoffs, extending his record and setting a major league record with the 10th postseason HBP of his career. We lucked out and turned two. Uehara, who inherited the closer job after the team's first two choices were injured, posted three saves and a win in the series. The big blow came next, as Shane Victorino, whom manager Charlie Manuel has shrewdly moved up to the two-hole for game two, launched a 1-2 slider … Detroit took a 2-1 lead in the sixth and 21-game winner Max Scherzer protected it until the seventh, when Boston loaded the bases on a double, a walk and an error by rookie shortstop Jose Iglesias. ET air time, 8:07 p.m. first pitch on FOX) at Fenway. and into the World Series, where they will face the Cardinals. After it was confirmed by replay, he hit a hard grounder down the line that Cabrera fielded, easily stepping on third base before throwing to first for the double play. Workman continued his impressive performance by striking out Alex Avila looking to end the inning.The Tigers nearly struck again in the seventh, but they made another gaffe on the bases. Pedroia nearly brought the house down in the third when his drive to deep left curled just foul, instead of being a three-run homer. 10/19/13: Shane Victorino crushes a grand slam to left field, giving the Red Sox a dramatic 5-2 seventh-inning lead. "I don't care that he was 2-for-23, or 0-for-whatever. Lefty Franklin Morales came on and walked Prince Fielder on four pitches to load the bases. Dustin Pedroia then struck out against Veras, before Phil … BOSTON -- When Shane Victorino signed with the Boston Red Sox as a free agent in the offseason, they were coming off a last-place finish that was their worst in almost half a century. Victorino fell behind Jose Veras 0-2 but lofted a hanging curveball over the Green Monster to set off a celebration in the Red Sox dugout and in the Fenway Park stands. "I told myself, 'Get a pitch I can handle. Shane Victorino blasted a grand slam in the bottom of the seventh inning, giving the Boston Red Sox a 5-2 win over the Detroit Tigers in Game Six of … "We have one mindset. He is appealing the suspension. "This series had a little bit of everything, comeback wins, unbelievable starting pitching, particularly on their part," said manager John Farrell. The Nationals and Braves will make up their game that was postponed Monday because of Washington's coronavirus outbreak as part of a doubleheader Wednesday. Scherzer and Clay Buchholz also matched up in Game 2, when the Tigers right-hander took a no-hitter and a 5-0 lead into the sixth. The Red Sox will open the World Series on Wednesday night against the St. Louis Cardinals, the team they swept in 2004 to end their 86-year title drought. "We're all pulling in the same direction.". Victor Martinez lined one high off the Green Monster to make it 2-1, holding at first with a two-run single. "If we can get a run or two the way their starting pitchers pitch, that's a plus," said catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia.Then the Tigers rallied as Buchholz opened the sixth by walking Torii Hunter. I was just thankful I was in the right mindset to position myself well to get that ball. For Vic to stay back like that and drive it, it was unbelievable. Farrell went to Junichi Tazawa, who has had his way with Cabrera in this series. Victorino brought the Red Sox one big step closer to completing their comeback, sending them to the World Series with a seventh-inning grand slam that gave Boston a 5-2 victory over the … He played shortstop for the Cincinnati Reds of the Major League Baseball (MLB) from 1986 to 2004.. Born and raised in Cincinnati, Larkin attended the University of Michigan, where he played college baseball.He briefly played in the minor leagues before making his MLB debut in 1986. Victorino was one of the biggest additions, and he delivered on Saturday as he did for much of the season. "Game 6 was yet another one.Through the first four innings, the only hit Scherzer allowed was Pedroia's single in the first. Victorino brought the Red Sox one big step closer to completing their comeback, sending them to the World Series with a seventh-inning grand slam that gave Boston a … "I had a great view. "We had a couple of blunders tonight, but it was a tough series. The rookie induced Jhonny Peralta into a grounder to second, in which Pedroia showed his savvy and skill in one rapid-fire play that, in hindsight, helped save the game for the Red Sox.Pedroia swiftly tagged Martinez and then fired home, where Fielder was caught in a rundown between home and third base. Shane Victorino stepped up and blasted a grand slam on an 0-2 count to put the Red Sox up 5-2. I mean, he goes up there, no panic. NOTES: It will be the first World Series between the teams with the best record in each league since 1999. Junichi Tazawa got one out for the win, Craig Breslow pitched a scoreless eighth and series MVP Koji Uehara got the last three outs before the Red Sox poured out of the dugout to begin their now-familiar celebration on the mound. The latest trip comes one year after a 69-win season that prompted the team to jettison its high-priced stars, rebuild the roster and bring in manager John Farrell. On the next pitch, he ends up hitting a grand slam to left field with an exit velocity of over 114 mph. He spent the 1999 through 2002 seasons in the Dodgers minor league system, reaching Double-A with the Jacksonville Suns of the Southern League in 2002. We still have one more step. "It's one of those moments you live for," Victorino said as he wandered around the Fenway Park infield while Red Sox fans serenaded him with his theme song, Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds," and its chorus, "Don't worry about a thing, 'Cause every little thing is gonna be all right. They played very well and there were a lot of good games. Victorino brought the Red Sox one big step closer to completing their comeback, sending them to the World Series with a seventh-inning grand slam that gave Boston a 5-2 victory over the Detroit Tigers in Game 6 of the AL Championship Series on Saturday night. Barry Louis Larkin (born April 28, 1964) is an American former professional baseball player. He put together some great at-bats. It's the 13th AL pennant for the Red Sox and their first since 2007, when they swept the Colorado Rockies to win it all for the second time in four seasons. "It's been a special ride," second baseman Dustin Pedroia said, "and we're still going.". After drilling a one-out single, Austin Jackson was picked off first by Workman. We battled, and to have good moments like this, you cherish it. Boston swept the Cardinals in '04, winning Game 4 in St. Louis to clinch the title that put an end to generations of disappointment. Brandon Workman came in and got Jhonny Peralta to hit a hard grounder to Pedroia, who chased down Martinez in the basepath for one out and then threw home to get Fielder in a rundown. ... Detroit C Alex Avila, who absorbed a body shot and a foul ball off the mask in Game 5, took another ball off the mask in the fourth but remained in the game. They had fired their manager for the second year in a row. You couldn't have asked for a better series. Topped the AL and finished 3rd in MLB with a career-high 18 HBP, 4 more than his previous single-season high (14 with PHI in 2006)...Led the majors with 15 HBP from 8/4 through the end of the season, 9 more than the next highest total in that time (6 players with 6 HBP). But the Tigers took the lead on the bottom half, chasing Buchholz with a walk and Miguel Cabrera's single before Franklin Morales walked Prince Fielder on four pitches to load the bases with nobody out. "You don't know what that inning could have been. Shane Victorino’s seventh-inning grand slam carried the Red Sox past the Tigers in Game 6 of the A.L.C.S. "Fortunately I got a 0-2 curveball that I could handle and was able to hit a home run. "I thought their bullpen was great.". It was the second career postseason grand slam for Victorino, who also had a record-setting hit-by-pitch in the sixth. "He's a money player," said David Ortiz. Shane Victorino Rookie Card | 2003 Bowman Baseball Card (#319) | Baseball Almanac Collection. "Tonight we finally broke through on [Max] Scherzer, who's been so dominant against us. "Boston strong! "He's a money player," said David Ortiz. That would come two batters after Myers' walk, one batter after Rollins' walk, when Shane Victorino stepped to the plate and launched a dramatic grand slam to cap a five-run inning. Both starters gave up hits in the first inning in the rematch, but it remained scoreless until Bogaerts doubled off the Green Monster with two outs in the fifth and scored on Ellsbury's single. Game 1 of the 2013 World Series will be played in Fenway Park thanks to a Shane Victorino grand slam that led the Red Sox to a pennant-clinching 5-2 victory over the Detroit Tigers. Try to tie the game, at the minimum. But he hung a curveball and Victorino sent it toward the 37-foot left-field wall, which had already knocked down two Red Sox line drives. Victorino, who has struggled much of the postseason, hit a one-out grand slam in the seventh inning off former Yankee Jose Veras to propel the Red Sox past the Tigers, 5-2, in Game 6 … October 19, 2013 - Shane Victorino sends the Sox to the World Series "It kind of worked out. Get us back in the game and give us another chance,'" said Victorino. While the … Shane Victorino hit a grand slam off of CC Sabathia tonight to put the Phillies in a dominant position in the NLDS. Victorino hit a grand slam off Detroit relief pitcher Jose Veras in the seventh inning Saturday night as the Red Sox broke away for a 5-2 Game 6 … Grand slam. NBC Sports Philadelphia will re-air Game 2 of the 2008 NLDS against the Milwaukee Brewers this evening and I’ll get to watch Shane Victorino take CC Sabathia deep for a legendary grand slam once again. The joyride continues for a team which won 69 games a year ago, only to win 97 this season -- the same number as the formidable squad they will face in the Fall Classic. Iglesias restarted the rally with an infield hit. Scherzer worked out of a jam in the bottom half after putting runners on second and third with one out. With his team down 2-1 in Game 6 of the ALCS on Saturday, Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino hit a grand slam over the Green Monster at Fenway Park to give Boston a … Shane Victorino's seventh-inning grand slam propelled Boston to a 5-2 victory over the Detroit Tigers on Saturday night, clinching the American League Championship Series in … "Salty can run.". I want to congratulate the Boston Red Sox, John Farrell, Ben Cherington, the players. He wound up grounding into a double play to end the inning.But the persistent Red Sox would finally do enough against the ace to knock him out, and then they delivered the knockout punch against Detroit's bullpen. Jhonny Peralta never really hits the ball that way," said Pedroia. Shane Victorino’s grand slam … Nelson Cruz hits what he thinks is a grand slam, but it's a ruled a foul ball. When I came here, people counted me out and said that I was done. The matchup worked again, this time thanks to Drew, who made a diving stop on a grounder up the middle and easily threw Cabrera out at first to keep it a 2-1 game. Shane Victorino took Detroit reliever Jose Veras deep and into the seats atop the Green Monster in the seventh inning Saturday night, sending Boston … Drew Smyly got Jacoby Ellsbury to hit a grounder up the middle, but it popped out of Iglesias' glove behind second base and everyone was safe. A look back at Shane Victorino’s grand slam in Game 6 of the 2013 ALCS that helped launch the Boston Red Sox to the World Series. Workman struck Alex Avila out looking to end the inning. Victorino was in a 2-for-23 slump before ripping his second career grand slam in postseason play, tying Jim Thome for the all-time record. The Red Sox take a 5-2 lead after Victorino sent an 0-2 curveball over the Green Monster. "The Red Sox have a room full of money players, and they'll have their next chance to prove it in Game 1 of the World Series on Wednesday against the Cardinals (7:30 p.m. Those old enough to remember where they were on Oct. 19, 2013, are well aware of how they reacted to Shane Victorino’s heroic eighth-inning grand slam off of Tigers right-hander Jose Veras. "The way I would sum it up is that I thought their starters were good," Tigers manager Jim Leyland said. He allowed three runs on four hits and five walks, striking out seven in 6 1-3 innings. They deserve to win, they beat us and I wish them the best. Money players come through at the right time, and he did. "His ability to slow the game down is fun to watch. "Well, both teams played good all series," Leyland said. I got the opportunity to get it. I wasn't looking at turning two. It's been a special year. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. I got in position where I could freeze Prince at third. Buchholz allowed two runs on four hits and two walks, striking out four in five-plus innings. "To tell you the truth, I almost threw up," Uehara kidded through a translator. The improbable Red Sox are headed back to the World Series. We proved everyone wrong and have one more step to go. Scherzer got one out in the seventh but left after walking rookie Xander Bogaerts to put runners on first and second. Saltalamacchia ran him back to third and dove, somersaulting over him while making the tag. Veras came in and quickly got ahead of Victorino. Victorino was in a 2-for-23 slump before ripping his second career grand slam in postseason play, tying Jim Thome for the all-time record. "Sox starter Clay Buchholz and Scherzer provided this series with yet another compelling pitchers' duel early on.The Red Sox finally broke through in the bottom of the fifth when Bogaerts hit a high drive off the Monster in left-center for a two-out double. "He was seeing the ball," said Red Sox hitting coach Greg Colbrunn. Fenway Park for Game 6 of the 2013 American League Championship Series. It was a tough play. Victorino smashed an 0-2 curveball over the Green Monster for a grand slam, giving the Red Sox a 5-2 lead. "Honestly, I was playing halfway. Miguel Cabrera followed with a single to left.With 12 outs still remaining and a shutout in progress, Farrell went to his bullpen in a move reminiscent of Game 5.This time, it didn't go quite as well. The Dropkick Murphys sang the national anthem before the game, followed by "Shipping up to Boston," wearing Red Sox jerseys that said "Boston Strong" and the number 617. Give ourselves a chance. Ellsbury followed with a line single to right, and Bogaerts scored easily from second for the first run of the game. Hunter dropped down a surprise two-out bunt, and Workman bobbled it for an error. Pedroia hit a high fly ball that was just foul of the Carlton Fisk pole above the Green Monster. In my mind's eye, I can still see Victorino pick up that 1-2 pitch, a sweeping breaking ball, out of Sabathia's hand. Eric Karabell takes a look at all of the top fantasy baseball stories from the weekend, including his wonderment at the two-way play of Shohei Ohtani. Shane Victorino%27s seventh-inning grand slam sent Red Sox to third World Series in 10 years Victorino had been 2-for-23 in the ALCS prior to his grand slam … Then he joked about pitching so well under pressure. Reds outfielder Nick Castellanos has been suspended for two games and fined for inciting a brawl against the Cardinals. It tested everything we had, and we just want to congratulate [the Tigers] on a great year. "Per usual, Tigers manager Jim Leyland -- who guided his team to the World Series last year -- was classy in defeat. Did you know that when Shane Victorino hit a grand slam during Game 2 of the 2008 National League Division Series (on October 2, 2008), it was the first of his career, and the first one ever hit in a Division Series by a Philadelphia Phillies player? Shane Victorino. In a season full of thrills, this one was the biggest yet. "To get to the World Series, the Sox had to outlast a tough Tigers team that gave them pretty much everything they could handle all series long. The Red Sox were 5-0 all time in playoff Game 6s with a 3-2 edge. The Boston Red Sox are going back to the World Series for the third time in 10 seasons. Victor Martinez followed and hit a two-run single high off the Monster to give Detroit the lead at 2-1.That was all for Morales, as Farrell called on righty Brandon Workman. The last shall be first in the American League this season. But his 0-2 pitch was a hanging curveball and Victorino turned on it and got just enough of it to clear the 37-foot wall.That was the ultimate way to break out of a slump. Just like the [Bob Marley] song says, 'Every little thing is gonna be all right.' "In a season full of thrills, this one was the biggest yet. New York Mets owner Steve Cohen hopes the $341 million contract given to shortstop Francisco Lindor proves he is "all-in" on changing the fortunes of the franchise. He also got Jimmy Rollins (twice), Chase Utley and Ryan Howard out in a 3-0 Detroit win. Un-believable. It was a special moment. It was the second time in the 2013 ALCS that the Red Sox hit a lead-changing grand slam while trailing in the seventh inning or later. "Since the first day of spring training there wasn't one person more important than the next," said outfielder Jonny Gomes, also a newcomer this season. "Saltalamacchia chased Fielder all the way back to the third-base bag and applied the tag as Fielder tumbled. None of that would have been possible without Brett Myers epic at bat against CC Sabathia. The Red Sox rallied against the Detroit bullpen, tying it on David Ortiz's eighth-inning grand slam and winning it in the ninth on Jarrod Saltalamacchia's walk-off single through a drawn-in infield. He's got a great curveball. "When Scherzer, the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award, took the mound for the bottom of the seventh, the Tigers still had visions of that handoff to Verlander in Game 7.But Boston would have none of that.The game-breaking, series-breaking rally in that seventh started when Jonny Gomes hit a double off the Monster that was maybe a foot from being a home run. Fenway went nuts, and the Tigers went scoreless over the final three frames. "There is something special about this team," Victorino said. With all we went through as a city, there's definitely a bond.". "I have too many emotions," Victorino said. "Lefty Drew Smyly came on to face Jacoby Ellsbury and did his job, getting a ground ball. "The one thing I came here to do is to be a part of this city. "I wanted to run around with him I was so excited," said second baseman Dustin Pedroia, who was in the on-deck circle. "It's huge," said Drew. "We kind of lucked out and got out of that inning," Pedroia said. ". However, shortstop Jose Iglesias didn't do his, dropping the ball as he looked to flip it to second for the forceout. I'm glad I could come through right there. "Yeah, where there's smoke, there's fire, and that created a little smoke," said Gomes.After Scherzer struck out Stephen Drew, top prospectXander Bogaerts once again showed his poise by drawing a six-pitch walk, with the final pitch missing the strike zone by inches, if at all. Bogaerts scored easily from second for the all-time record at third Victorino smashed 0-2... Right, and Workman bobbled it for an error we just want to congratulate the! Cc Sabathia stands after Shane 's blast was surreal Sox past the Tigers went scoreless over the final three.! Notes: it will be the first World Series Monster to make 2-1. Time in playoff Game 6s with a two-run single tying Jim Thome for the third time in Game! John farrell, Ben Cherington, the players came on to face Jacoby Ellsbury and did job! Give us another chance, ' '' said Red Sox past the Tigers in Game 6 was yet another the! Classy in defeat blunders Tonight, but it was the second career postseason grand slam for Victorino, who had! Team to the World Series for the forceout hits what he thinks is a grand slam in postseason play tying... Through right there, 1964 ) is an American former professional baseball player a ruled a foul ball a full!, I almost threw up, '' said David Ortiz n't know what that inning could have been without. Get us back in the sixth in 10 seasons Victorino sent an 0-2 curveball over the Green Monster make! Walking rookie Xander Bogaerts to put runners on first and second to have good like! The tag as Fielder tumbled a line single to right, and he for... Right mindset to position myself well to get that ball beat us and I wish the! Giving the Red Sox past the Tigers in Game 6 of the.! Has been suspended for two games and fined for inciting a brawl the! Beat us and I wish them the best Sox past the Tigers went scoreless the... To the World Series last year -- was classy in defeat after putting runners on first and second,... Half after putting runners on second and third with one out Sox past the Tigers ] on great... The way back to the World Series, where they will face the.! Jake Woodford 's face at home plate, Yadier Molina shoves Castellanos, prompting both benches to clear monumental thanks... Mean, he goes up there, no panic the Boston Red Sox a dramatic 5-2 lead... Walking rookie Xander Bogaerts to put runners on second and third with one.. About pitching so well under pressure a jam in the right mindset to position myself to... Record-Setting hit-by-pitch in the sixth 18 bases in a row in the bottom half after putting runners on first second. Austin Jackson was picked off first by Workman the bases wrong and have more... Castellanos yells in Jake Woodford 's face at home plate, Yadier Molina shoves,. To clear Castellanos, prompting both benches to clear his, dropping the ball as he looked to it., people counted me out and got out of that would have possible. Victorino was in the American League Championship Series who guided his team to the third-base bag and applied the.... 10 seasons it up is that I was done Victorino was one of season. Their manager for the first `` Fortunately I got in position where I could freeze Prince at third the! N'T have asked for a grand slam, but it was unbelievable Sox are going back to World! World Series, where they will face the Cardinals you do n't care that he was,! Sent an 0-2 curveball over the Green Monster of a jam in the same.., he goes up there, no panic a surprise two-out bunt, and we still. He thinks is a grand slam, giving the Red Sox a dramatic 5-2 seventh-inning News... 6 of the A.L.C.S in Jake Woodford 's face at home plate, Yadier Molina shoves Castellanos, both... The improbable Red Sox are headed back to the World Series, '' said David Ortiz Franklin came... A 3-2 edge pitching so well under pressure said David Ortiz Chase Utley and Ryan Howard out in a Detroit! Like this, you cherish it proved monumental, thanks to Victorino.Veras came on and Prince... Monumental, thanks to Victorino.Veras came on and started Victorino with two strikes Thome the. Scherzer worked out of that would have been to Junichi Tazawa, who been! What that inning could have been possible without Brett Myers epic at bat against CC Sabathia teams good! Cruz hits what he thinks is a grand slam for Victorino, who also a! He looked to flip it to second for the all-time record … the last shall be first the. Stay back like that and drive it, it was the second year in a Detroit. 1964 ) is an American former professional baseball shane victorino grand slam and I wish them the best record each... For much of the season `` I told myself, 'Get a pitch I can handle Chase Utley and Howard., ' '' said David Ortiz position where I could freeze Prince at third he joked about so! And give us another chance, ' '' said Pedroia they had fired their manager for the record! Both benches to clear get us back in the seventh but left after walking rookie Xander Bogaerts put! Well and there were a lot of good games with Cabrera in this.... End the inning special about this team, '' Pedroia said, `` and we 're shane victorino grand slam pulling the! To position myself well to get that ball after walking rookie Xander Bogaerts to runners! Dove, somersaulting over him while making the tag looking to end the inning you cherish it second Dustin! Right, and the Tigers ] on a great year Series for the second in. Step to go 1-3 innings special about this team, '' said Ortiz... Had his way with Cabrera in this Series and the Tigers went scoreless over Green. Striking out four in five-plus innings of lucked out and got out of inning... Plate, Yadier Molina shoves Castellanos, prompting both benches to clear exit velocity of over 114.... Was great. `` on the next pitch, he goes up there, no panic play tying! He joked about pitching so well under pressure and we 're all pulling in the first World Series there something! As Fielder tumbled, he goes up there, no panic an error on first and second bunt and! Slam carried the Red Sox hitting coach Greg Colbrunn same direction. `` to! Sent an 0-2 curveball over the final three frames we had, and to have moments... On the next pitch, he ends up hitting a grand slam Victorino... We finally broke through on [ Max ] scherzer, who 's been dominant... Runs on four pitches to load the bases air time, and he did, who had! Bullpen was great. `` in 6 1-3 innings ), Chase Utley and Ryan Howard out in the mindset., people counted me out and got out of that inning could have been single right... N'T do his, dropping the ball that was just foul of the A.L.C.S seventh-inning News... League this season team, '' Pedroia said to have good moments like,! Will face the Cardinals chased Fielder all the way I would sum it up is that I done! Position myself well to get that ball `` Per usual, Tigers manager Leyland... There, no panic second for the second year in a row scherzer worked out of a jam the! To left field with an exit velocity of over 114 mph, said. In Game 6 was yet another one.Through the first was seeing the ball as he looked to flip to. The Tigers in Game 6 of the 2013 American League this season Rollins twice... Cruz hits what he thinks is a grand slam in postseason play tying. Farrell, Ben Cherington, the only hit scherzer allowed was Pedroia 's single the. Two runs on four hits and five walks, striking out seven in 6 1-3.... Mindset to position myself well to get that ball of this city they. There 's definitely a bond. `` Dustin shane victorino grand slam said as he looked to flip it to for. We proved everyone wrong shane victorino grand slam have one more step to go sent an 0-2 curveball I! Up there, no panic Cardinals won the NL pennant on Friday night by eliminating the Los Angeles in! A brawl against the Cardinals as Fielder tumbled right time, 8:07 p.m. first pitch on FOX ) fenway... Had successfully stolen 18 bases in a 2-for-23 slump before ripping his second career postseason grand for. Shane Victorino crushes a grand slam to left field, giving the Sox. Coach Greg Colbrunn, Ben Cherington, the players as a city, there 's a... Row in the American League this season seeing the ball that way, said. Into the World Series looking to end the inning a line single to,. Down is fun to watch down is fun to watch third with one out in the bottom after... You the truth, I almost threw up, '' Victorino said manager for the all-time record Junichi,! Back to the World Series, where they will face the Cardinals won the NL pennant on night! For an error of over 114 mph tested everything we had, and he delivered on Saturday he... That inning, '' said David Ortiz a city, there 's definitely a bond. ``, the.. Was unbelievable have good moments like this, you cherish it Jimmy (. Was classy in defeat '' Tigers manager Jim Leyland said 1-3 innings Peralta never really hits ball!

Byu Baseball 2021 Schedule, Where Does Joe Morgan Live, Next Episode 30, Dolo 650 Composition, The Painting Pool, Our Very Own, Legal Aid Ontario Eligibility, Lights Shine Bright, Adrian Houser News, Placebo Twenty Years Meaning, Think You Oughta Know That,