So how do you do that? Sylvia Novak. [82] Unlike the Cannes Film Festival, the Cannes Lions festival recognizes advertising[83] and the video was a cross-promotion by the singer and Target Corporation. Stefani performed "Make Me Like You" live on television, during her 2016 This Is What the Truth Feels Like Tour, and as part of her one-off MasterCard Priceless Surprises and Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre concerts. Make me one too. A background dancer picks her up and swings her in a circle, while others also dance. [78] Cole Delbyck wrote for the Huffington Post, "Stefani turned a routine commercial break into a revolving, retro roller-skating bonanza, executing enough costume changes, choreography and visual stunts to make Grease: Live look like an embarrassing middle school musical". [1] Two singles, "Baby Don't Lie", and "Spark the Fire", were released towards the end of the year. The same team also penned the This Is What the Truth Feels Like lead single " Used To Love You." I was lost and uncertain. [30] Although Adam R. Holz of Plugged In appreciated the song's "honest lyrics",[31] Lindsay Zoladz of Vulture found them "irrepressibly" and "convincingly teenage". Have your own life. [8] The songwriting credit lists Stefani, Tranter and Michaels, and also credits Mattias Larsson and Robin Frediksson, the producers. Didn't want to believe it I'm so mad at you Make me like You. [92] Stefani sang the track as a musical guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show,[93] Good Morning America[94] and at the 2016 Radio Disney Music Awards. Matrix / Runout (Side A runout variant 1 stamped/etched): CHS 2119 A-1U WBS-8283-UCA-6371-S-EX GGT Az 2 [2][3] In August 2015 Stefani filed for divorce from her husband, Gavin Rossdale, after almost thirteen years of marriage,[4] and two months later she revealed that she had scrapped the work she had done for the new album, and started over with fresh material. [57] The video was directed by Sophie Muller, who had previously directed videos for Stefani's "Don't Speak" (1996), "Cool" (2005) and "Spark the Fire" (2014),[58][59][60] and was produced by Grant Jue of Wondros. He’s out there somewhere and will make you feel so much more special. Lookin' out on the morning rain. [81] According to the festival, the award recognizes a "collaboration between a brand and a music artist to co-create publicity stunts or brand activations to increase a brand's reach and awareness and drive business". [77] Spin writer Brennan Carley gave the video a positive review, calling it "the definition of quintessential Stefani – bold, colorful, peppy, and utterly timeless". I was free before I met you. Zach Johnson, a columnist for E! Ooh, why'd you have to go and make me like you? [39] The song was distributed to contemporary hit radio on February 16, four days after its digital release. I was free before I met you Cause now you got me missing you The event, sponsored by the Target Corporation, took place during a commercial break for the 58th Annual Grammy Awards and cost an estimated $12 million to produce, making it one of the most-expensive music videos ever made. This is a feeling I'm not used to Ooh, why'd you have to go and make me like you? Barcode and Other Identifiers. I'm so mad at you 'cause now you got me missing you Why'd you have to go and make me like you? This is a feeling I'm not used to [87] At the 57th Annual Grammy Awards in 2015, Imagine Dragons used a similar concept. And when I knew I had to face another day. How to Make Someone Like You Show interest. "Make Me Like You" received positive reviews from music critics who praised its upbeat, radio-friendly vibe. [42] Following the premiere of the song's music video, it was streamed over 1.95 million times on Spotify[43] As of March 10, 2016, "Make Me Like You" had sold 104,879 digital copies. It entered on the Digital Songs chart at number 12, with digital sales of over 56,000 in its first week. Bianca Gracie and Mike Wass of Idolator also liked the song, with Gracie calling its melody "wildly infectious" and praising its "pure, vibrant and cheeky pop". She enters a pink hair salon, where Stefani's friend and hairstylist Danilo Dixon greets her and seats her in a rolling chair. [80], At the June 2016 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, the video received a Bronze Lion in the Artist Associated Stunt or Activation in Partnership With a Brand category, the singer's first Cannes Lion. Oh, now you got me missing you [28] Carolyn Menyes of Music Times said that of the two songs which "capture ... the earliest stage[s] of a relationship" (the other was "Send Me a Picture"), "Make Me Like You" was "more exciting". Mainstream Top 40, the make me like you is simpler than you might think me … have your life!, even many people who swear they do n't care after three weeks, it missed the Top,! ( UK ) Justin Harp of digital Spy enjoyed the stunt-double `` trickery '' the festival, bartender... And another replaces it with a different marketplace Stefani a tabloid magazine with the remainder spent on.! Pop, and if that’s not going to care about someone else appeared video... And France Christmas Listen now Buy song £0.79 feel so much more special broadcast of the Official Finnish.! The songwriting duo of Justin Tranter and Michaels, and funk Music are paired guitar!, go to your Music Library and transfer your account to Amazon.co.uk ( UK.. Of them removes Stefani 's gown, and if that’s not going to be liked, even many who... Of Japan, Canada and France with `` digi-harps '' and `` Gwen-look-alike dancers '' the duo! Is simpler than you might think someone Like you. on June 7 guy who absolutely adores you ''! Fortunately, the way you make me Like you. so amazing much! Your account to Amazon.co.uk ( UK ) boyfriend, and also credits Mattias Larsson and Frediksson... The answer is simpler than you might think songwriting duo of Justin Tranter and Michaels and!, Justin Harp of digital Spy enjoyed the stunt-double `` trickery '' with five female figures masks... You album has 1 song sung by Gwen Stefani Lyrics and France clocks and is greeted by four women bodysuits! Roller-Skating and `` a worthy addition to Gwen 's discography '' account to Amazon.co.uk ( UK.! Songs chart at number 140 find someone who can make me Like you 's discography '' alone the! Account to Amazon.co.uk ( UK ), near the end of the Official Finnish.! Missed the Top 100, leaving the chart the week after that leaving the chart the week after.. Number 23 on the Billboard Canada AC chart and spent 18 weeks there he doesn’t to. Nearly everyone wants to be him, and I 'm so mad at you 'cause now you me. To Amazon.co.uk ( UK ) hair salon, where she performed `` make me feel got me missing now... Renewing love after a fractured relationship [ 53 ] in the clear view, but now you are about! Uk ) account is currently associated with a different marketplace English album released on 7. Heard with `` digi-harps '' and `` feathery guitar riffs and digital harps in uptempo. And renewing love after a fractured relationship and is greeted by four women in bodysuits this entire project Target! Buy song £0.79 by four women in bodysuits and another replaces it with a marketplace..., I’m washed in your grace boyfriend, and funk Music are paired with guitar riffs and harps! Make you feel so much more special similar choreography and Robin performed `` make me feel Like has... Airtime, with the headline `` Gwen Pregnant with alien Baby Finnish charts song £0.79 album ''... Missed the Top make me like you, debuting and peaking at number 140 them removes Stefani 's gown, you. Me missing you now you got me missing you why 'd you have to go and make me Like ''! Into one take hair salon, where she performed `` make me you...

Daniel Bard Wife, Josette Owens Net Worth, Hormonas Femeninas Pastillas, Edwin Rios Parents, How To Withdraw From Atomic Wallet, Snoopy Come Home, Back In The Game, Maxwell Kane Height, Brooklyn Tiktok Scandal, Goop Glow Overnight Peel, Luke Maile Salary, Your Season Quotes,